Five IU Students Awarded Gilman Scholarships
May 11, 2012
One Indiana University Bloomington student, one Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne student, and three Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis students were recently awarded Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships to pursue studies overseas for the summer of 2012.
- Jedidiah Wilcox, a senior majoring in Telecommunications and East Asian Languages and Culture at IUB, received $4,000 to study in China.
- Mirza Tucovic, a senior majoring in Political Science at IPFW, received $4,500 to study in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Lisa Edgington, a senior Pre-Nursing major at IUPUI, received $4,500 to study in Chile.
- Tory Schendel, a senior majoring in International Studies and the Individualized Major program at IUPUI, received $2,500 to study in Greece.
- Madiyeh Butt, a senior in the Individualized Major Program at IUPUI, received $2,500 to study in Jordan.
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education.
Online applications for the Spring 2013 cycle of the Gilman scholarship will open August 2012. For more information, visit the Gilman Program website.
Information about study abroad at IU is available through the Office of Overseas Study. Contact the office by phone at 812-855-9304.
I gained an enhanced view of the world. I was forced to look at American problems from an international perspective.”-Kyra Busch, IU Overseas Study Participant, Thailand