Five IU Students Awarded Gilman Scholarships
May 29, 2013
Five Indiana University students were recently awarded Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships to pursue studies overseas for summer 2013, fall 2013 and academic year 2013-14.
- Tyler Bonnet, a senior majoring in Slavic languages and literature and international studies at IU Bloomington, received $5,000 to study in Moscow, Russia, during the 2013-14 academic year.
- Robert Coatsworth, a junior majoring in French, Spanish and international studies at IU Bloomington, received $5,000 to study in Aix-en-Provence, France, during the 2013-14 academic year.
- Kristin White, a senior majoring in anthropology at IU Bloomington, received $5,000 to study in Budapest, Hungary, during the fall 2013 semester.
- Sadie King-Hoffmann, an IPFW student, received an award to study in England during summer 2013.
- Christian Lola, an IUPUI student, received an award to study in Spain, during summer 2013.
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education.
Online applications Gilman Program website.. For more information, visit the
Information about study abroad at IU is available through the Office of Overseas Study. Contact the office by phone at 812-855-9304.
Office of Overseas Study
Leo R. Dowling International Center
111 South Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-7709
I gained an enhanced view of the world. I was forced to look at American problems from an international perspective.”-Kyra Busch, IU Overseas Study Participant, Thailand