Six IU Students Awarded Gilman Scholarships
May 2, 2014
Six Indiana University - Bloomington students were recently awarded Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships to pursue studies overseas for summer 2014.
- Wahidah Aziz, a junior majoring in Public and Nonprofit Management, received a $3,000 award to participate in an internship program in Vietnam and to study in Rwanda.
- Grace Burris, a sophomore International Studies major, received a $2,500 award to study in Ankara, Turkey.
- Collin Hickey, a sophomore Exercise Science major, received a $2,500 award to study in Vienna, Austria.
- Kayne Mettert, a sophomore majoring in Psychology and Studio Art, received a $3,000 award to participate in an internship program in Rome, Italy.
- Scottie Williams, a sophomore majoring in Psychology and Chemistry, received a $2,500 award to participate in an internship program in Rome, Italy.
- Melanie Wolfe, a sophomore Social Work major, received a $3,000 award to study in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education.
Online applications for Spring 2015 awards will open mid-August, 2014. For more information, visit the Gilman Program website.
Information about study abroad at IU is available through the Office of Overseas Study. Contact the office by phone at 812-855-9304.
Office of Overseas Study
Leo R. Dowling International Center
111 South Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-7709
I gained an enhanced view of the world. I was forced to look at American problems from an international perspective.”-Kyra Busch, IU Overseas Study Participant, Thailand