IU Scholarships & Grant Applications
Scholarships are available for qualified IU students making normal progress toward their first undergraduate degree and going on select IU Overseas Study programs.
- You MUST apply for a scholarship by your program's deadline.
- Scholarship applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Awards are based on financial need and academic performance.
- Scholarships can be received only once.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in classes and the credits earned abroad must be relevant to your degree requirements.
There are four types of Overseas Study Scholarships:
Program Specific Scholarships. Available to students from all IU campuses, for select programs. Awards values of $500 - $3,000, depending on program length.
Minority Scholarships. Available to under-represented U.S. racial/ethnic minority students (must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident) from all IU campuses, for select programs. Award values of $300 - $3,000, depending on program length.
Internship Incentive Grants. Available to students from all IU campuses, for select programs. Award values of $2,500.
Scholarships for Students from Other IU Campuses. Available to students from IUPUI and other IU campuses, for select programs. Award values of $250 - $3,000, depending on program length.
- Submit an application along with your application for your IU program.
Anyone participating on an IU-administered or co-sponsored program for business credit may apply. Click here for a list of eligible programs.
- Semester programs: $1,000-1,500
- Summer programs: $500-750
Remember, you MUST apply for a scholarship by your program's deadline. Scholarship applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Submit an applicaiton along with your application for your IU program.
Any IUB student with a 3.4 GPA overall or 3.7 GPA in major is eligible to apply for the Edward L. Hutton International Experiences Program Scholarship. Preference is given to Hutton Honors College students and Hudson and Holland Scholars.
Awards are merit based and amounts are determined based on both the duration and destination of travel. Every applicant will be required to submit with his/her application a short essay describing his/her proposed international experience and the reason for travel abroad.
Students who have major IU scholarships that include support for an overseas study experience (Wells and Kelley Scholars for instance) are not eligible for HIEP Scholarships. A full list of eligibility requirements can be found at this link.
For specific details about the HIEP Scholarship, please contact: JR Nolasco, HIEP Manager, by e-mail at hiep [at] indiana [dot] edu, Tel: (812) 856-1016, or visit the Hutton Honors College HIEP website.
Check the eligibility requirements first!
For detailed information regarding the application procedures, please refer to the HIEP Scholarship website.
- Summer Scholarships: last Friday before Spring Break
- Fall and Full Year Scholarships: Friday after Spring Break
- Spring Break and Winter Break Scholarships: Last Friday in October
- Spring Semester Scholarships: October 15
I'm absolutely confident that America has no better ambassadors to offer than our young people."-President Barack Obama