Graphic by Best Colleges Online
Who's studying abroad?
According to the Institute of International Education, the number of U.S. students studying abroad has almost doubled over the past decade.
According to recent studies:
- More than one third who study abroad do so during their third year of college.
- 63.5% of U.S students who study abroad are female.
- 78.7% of the students are white. 4.7% identify as Black/African-American; 6.4% as Hispanic/Latino; and 7.9% as Asian/Pacific Islander.
- The top fields of study chosen by students are Social Sciences (22.3%) and Business & Management (20.8%).
- Europe is the top destination, with 53.5% of students studying there, followed by Latin America and Asia.
Find out more from bestcollegesonline.com.
It is vital that IU train students for our country’s growing international responsibilities.”-Edward L. Hutton, IU Alumnus and Benefactor