Apparel Merchandising & Interior Design
Most IU programs do not offer coursework in Apparel Merchandising & Interior Design (AMID); however, there are some non-IU program options that would allow students to earn major credit in AMID or credit toward a Design certificate. AMID students can also earn credit toward a second major or a minor, fulfill distribution, culture studies, and/or elective requirements while studying abroad thereby still keeping on track with graduation requirements.
All AMID students are recommended to work with the AMID department to verify that credit from a study abroad program can be applied toward the AMID major or Design certificate requirements.
Other IU Programs
Additional programs are coordinated by IU departments, schools or campuses. In all cases, information about the programs (e.g. program details, credit awarded, financial aid, eligibility, deadlines, costs, application instructions, etc.) must be sought from the sponsoring unit. See the Big List for available programs.
The following non-IU programs offer coursework in AMID:
- IFSA-Butler at London College of Fashion (summer)
- Arcadia University’s London Now program (semester); courses available at the London College of Fashion
- Arcadia in Florence – study at the Accademia Italiana. Offers apparel merchandising & apparel design courses. Design courses are taken alongside Italian students.
- Study Abroad Italy at the Domus Academy in Milan
- Lorenzo de’ Medici Art Institute in Florence:
In an increasingly competitive global economy, the international dimension of education is becoming more and more important. Indeed, it is a matter of practical necessity: we have to provide it as a part of a good education, and students increasingly demand it."-IU President Michael A. McRobbie
All IU majors can explore opportunities in a wide range of IU and Non-IU programs.
If you have already explored your program options, click here to access Applications