Apparel Merchandising & Interior Design
Most IU programs do not offer coursework in Apparel Merchandising & Interior Design (AMID); however, there are some non-IU program options that would allow students to earn major credit in AMID or credit toward a Design certificate. AMID students can also earn credit toward a second major or a minor, fulfill distribution, culture studies, and/or elective requirements while studying abroad thereby still keeping on track with graduation requirements.
All AMID students are recommended to work with the AMID department to verify that credit from a study abroad program can be applied toward the AMID major or Design certificate requirements.
The following non-IU programs offer coursework in AMID:
- AIU in London – Fashion Marketing, Fashion Design, & Interior Design; internships available
- London College of Fashion (LCF); internships available
- IFSA-Butler at London College of Fashion (summer)
- Arcadia University’s London Now program (semester); courses available at the London College of Fashion
- AIU in Paris – summer programs in Fashion; internships available
- Arcadia in Florence – study at the Accademia Italiana. Offers apparel merchandising & apparel design courses. Design courses are taken alongside Italian students.
- Study Abroad Italy at the Domus Academy in Milan
- Lorenzo de’ Medici Art Institute in Florence:
In an increasingly competitive global economy, the international dimension of education is becoming more and more important. Indeed, it is a matter of practical necessity: we have to provide it as a part of a good education, and students increasingly demand it."-IU President Michael A. McRobbie
All IU majors can explore opportunities in a wide range of IU and Non-IU programs.
If you have already explored your program options, click here to access Applications