Skip to main content

Mexico *


CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange)
Intensive Spanish language classes and area studies courses in Spanish for American students. Requires 1-3 semesters of Spanish.


Institute for Study Abroad (Butler University)
At Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADY). Located in Mérida in the Yucatán Peninsula. Required Spanish course and optional political science course for program students, remaining courses mainstreamed at UADY. Humanities, business, and social science courses. Homestays. 4 semesters of university level Spanish or equivalent required.

* Mexico is currently under a travel warning. Except in special circumstances, Indiana University will not support study abroad in countries that are under a State Department Travel Warning.

Non-IU Procedures


A number of IU students each year choose to participate in a program organized by a different university or program provider. To determine the steps you need to take to study on a non-IU program, read more about non-IU procedures.