The IU Office of Student Financial Assistance has set aside funding to provide support for Covenant Grant recipients who have not previously studied abroad to participate in summer study abroad on administered or co-sponsored programs offered by the IU Office of Overseas Study. Grants will vary in value, based on individual student unmet financial need. Depending upon individual eligibility, need-based aid might include a federal Pell grant and federal subsidized loans. Grants will be available for Summer 2017.
These one-time grants are not renewable.
Applications are due by your program application deadline.Award Amount: Grants will cover a student's remaining need (as defined by the FAFSA)
- Recipient of an IU 21st Century Scholars Covenant Grant during the Spring semester immediately preceding the summer overseas study experience
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress for the academic year preceding the summer overseas study experience
- Successfully complete spring semester preceding the summer overseas study experience
- Be a full-time IU Bloomington student in good standing
- Have not participated previously in a college-level study abroad program
- Minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA
Since grant funds are limited, the following factors will be considered in determining awards:
- Academic rationale: Applicants who have selected programs that will award credits that apply directly to needed major and minor requirements will be given priority.
- Class standing: Priority will be given to students who have completed three or more semesters at Indiana University.
Apply for the program and the grant through the Office of Overseas Study.