If you receive financial aid, any federal funding you receive can be used toward your Non-IU program, provided that you meet the eligibility requirements and complete the steps outlined in this presentation. Some additional forms of financial aid may also be used, please consult our financial aid exceptions page to see what aid cannot be applied to the cost of your program. You can see your financial aid award status on One.IU.

If you are applying for a summer study abroad program, please visit the Office of Student Financial Assistance to learn more about what aid may be available to you over the summer.

Note that you must be enrolled full-time in your study abroad program to receive financial aid (12 credit hours per semester, or 6 credit hours for summer).

Unlike when enrolled at IU, your financial aid will be distributed directly to you and you are responsible for paying the full cost of your study abroad program. For fastest access to your funds, visit One.IU and search for direct deposit to sign up to receive your funds directly into your bank account.

See additional details about using and applying financial aid toward a Non-IU program on our website.