As the political and economic center of Ireland, Dublin provides rich opportunities to gain work experience while abroad. On this co-sponsored summer program, students have the opportunity to work full-time in Dublin in a variety of fields. Participants also directly enroll in the University College Dublin’s Quinn School of Business to earn credit in one of several business courses offered.
This application has closed.
Summer 2019: 6/4 - 7/31
- Program Organization
- This is an IU Co-Sponsored Program
- University College Dublin's Quinn School of Business
- Typical enrollment: 25 Kelley students along with 75 other students from U.S. colleges and universities
- Academic Program
- Unpaid, 3-credit Internship
- 32 hours / 4 days per week
- Placements in Irish and International companies in varied industry sectors as well as smaller innovative organizations
- 6 IU credit hours
- 3-credit internship placement and “Ireland’s International Business Environment” course (BUS-X 480, international business elective)
- Choice of:
- 3-credit Responsible Management and Society (BUS-D 496, international business elective) or
- 3-credit Global Finance (BUS-D 496, international business elective) or
- 3-credit Digital Marketing Communications (BUS-D 496, international business elective)
- Unpaid, 3-credit Internship
- Additional Information
- On-campus apartment style housing
- Program Eligibility
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate are a Business major or are admitted to the Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP) major at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are ineligible.
- Costs and Financial Aid
- IU portion of fee: $293.30 (includes health insurance)
- UCD portion of fee (paid to IU): $5,245 (includes academic fees, orientation)
- Housing: $1,750
- Meals: $1,000
- International Airfare: $1,500
- See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.Initial prepayment of $500 due to February 11, 2019.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
Please see our financial aid page for general information and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
- Program Contacts
Study Abroad Advisor
Provides detailed guidance and answers questions about specific programs or coursework available.
Kelley International Programs Office
Student Services Coordinator
Helps students navigate the application process and coordinates with cosponsoring organizations.