A short description of the program will go here.
French Language Studies
This application has closed.
Summer: June 30 - July 28
- Program Organization
- French Language instruction in Aix-en-Provence, France, with the Service Universitaire de Français Langue Etrangère (SUFLE)
- Located on the Aix Campus of Aix-Marseille Universite
- Courses in French for SUFLE Students
- Field trips and cultural events
- Academic Program
Students will enroll in different French courses depending on how many semesters of French they have taken.
Students that have completed 2 or 3 semesters of French will enroll in: FREN-F 296 Study of French Abroad (3cr.)
Additionally, students who have completed their first year of French have the option of taking FREN-F 203 (3cr.) or FREN-F 204 (3 cr.) in hybrid format; reading and writing done online in May - June, speaking and listening in Aix in July
Students that have completed 4 or more semesters of French,will enroll in one of the following courses (depending on placement and results at the SUFLE):
FREN-F 380 - Conversation (Counts toward the French Major)
FREN-F 396 - Study of French Abroad (Counts toward the French Major
FREN-F 496 - Study of French Abroad (Counts toward the French Major)
The available coursework is particularly suited for, but not necessarily limited to, the following academic interests: French and Western European Languages and Cultures.
- Additional InformationFor more information about the program, please contact Kathryn Lauten (email@example.com)
- HousingStudents stay in a spacious, co-ed French résidence universitaire, located within walking distance of Aix-Marseille University and the downtown area. Rooms were recently renovated, and each contains an individual toilet, shower, and washbasin. Rooms also feature internet connection for a fee, and Wifi is available for free on campus.
- Program Eligibility
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- Must have completed or are currently enrolled in first-year French (FREN-F132 or equivalent) by the spring semester.
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA and Must have at least a "B" average in French
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are ineligible.
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Program fee: $800
- Housing: $400
- Airfare: $1,750
- Local Transportation: $25
- Local cell phone: $40
- Insurance: $30
- Study Abroad administrative fee: $82
- Food: $600 - $900
- Passport: $140
Total estimated cost: $3,867 - $4,167 + standard tuition and fees
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
Please see our financial aid page for general information and links to additional scholarship opportunities.