Semester abroad in Germany in cooperation with Heilbronn University.
Germany: TCEM Semester Program
This application has closed.
: Mar 1 - Jul 27
- Program Dates
March 1 - July 27, 2017 (tentative)
Students should arrive at Heilbronn University for the offical beginning of the semester by March 1. There will be an orientation for international students held before classes officially start in mid-March.
Classes will end at the end of June, and final exams take place at the end of July. Your program end date will depend on if/when you have to take final exams.
- Academic Program
Students will be registered in 12 credits at IUPUI while studying at Heilbronn University. Students may select from the following TCEM coursework:
- TCEM-G 315 Economics of Tourism and Events (3 credits)
- TCEM-G 472 Global Tourism Seminar (3 credits)
- TCEM-E 304 Mechanics of Event Planning (3 credits)
- TCEM-G 302 Independent Study (3 credits, 300-400 level elective)
- "International Choice" (3 credits) - Please contact Professor Amanda Cecil for more information on how this would apply to your program of study.
- Additional InformationFor more information about this program or to learn how to apply, contact Dr. Amanda Cecil.
- HousingStudents may stay in the university dormitory or they may rent a private room. Heilbronn University will provide recommendations for private accommodation.
- Program Eligibility
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
Students must be able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and self-reliance.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are ineligible.
- Costs and Financial Aid
The budget is an estimate and is not meant to portray the exact cost of this program.
- Airfare: $1,400
- Transportation in Germany: $250 (Travel between German airport and Heilbronn)
- Transportation in Heilbronn: $175
- Student housing (residence hall): $1,300 - $1,800 (5 months at $260 - $360/month)
- Meals: $1,950 (5 months at $390/month)
- AOK Insurance: $535 (5 months at $107/month)
- Temporary Insurance: $30
- Heilbronn University enrollment fee: $60
- Study Abroad administrative fee: $82
- Miscellaneous expenses: $500 (5 months at $100/month)
Total estimated cost: $6,282 - 6,782 + standard tuition and fees
Note: Students from non-EU countries are required to present proof of financial means of at least 680 € (Euros) per month during their entire stay in Germany at the aliens department in Heilbronn.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
Please see our financial aid page for general information and links to additional scholarship opportunities.