Experience an interdisciplinary and inter-university exchange designed to give students with an interest in European studies experience and opportunities at a choice of several leading continental European universities.
Europe: Euroculture Graduate Exchange
This application has closed.
- Program Organization
Individual Study at a European university, including:
- Universidad de Deusto (San Sebastian, Spain)
- Palacký University (Olomouc, Czech Republic)
- Uppsala University (Sweden)
- University of Udine (Italy)
- Georg-August University (Göttingen, Germany)
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (Netherlands)
- Jagiellonian University (Krakow, Poland)
- University of Strasbourg (France)
- Academic Program
8-9 Graduate credits in your field assigned to your transcript as IUPUI courses.
Participating students may come from any IUPUI or IUB school but must enrol for credit through the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts. Students are given fee waivers in Europe, paying only for travel and accommodation. All courses in Europe are taught in English, although courses in local languages also available.
Students need to work with their graduate advisors to ensure they identify courses that will count toward their IU degrees.
- Additional InformationFor more information about the program, please contact Dr. John McCormick.
- HousingStudents will be housed in student accommodations at their host university with access to student meal options.
- Program Eligibility
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- Any student currently enrolled in a graduate program at IUPUI or IUB
- have taken or are enrolled in $langSemText semester college-level
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Students must be able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and self-reliance.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are ineligible.
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Airfare: $1,200
- Accommodations: $3,600
- Food/Meals: $1,800
- Local Transportation: $500
- Books/Supplies: $300
- International Study Fee: $78
- Insurance: $30
- Passport: $140
Total estimated cost: $7,648 + standard tuition and fees
Costs will vary depending on the current exchange rate, airfare, and individual expenditures. Estimate does not include tuition. For information on tuition cost, visit the Office of the Bursar’s Tuition & Fee Estimator. Tuition fees will be affected by your student status at IUPUI.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
Please see our financial aid page for general information and links to additional scholarship opportunities.