Students participate in a post-secondary technical teaching experience as laboratory tutors conducting technical demonstrations, and assist in presenting lectures with US or Polish faculty members (all instruction is delivered in English; no Polish speaking proficiency is required).
Poland: Computer Graphic Technology
This application has closed.
Summer 2017: May 4-Jun 4
- Program Organization
Summer technical teaching experience in Poland for students with computer graphics experience.
- One month internship open to all students who have computer graphics experience and are enrolled at IUPUI, or any IU or Purdue campus.
- Students participate in a post-secondary technical teaching experience as laboratory tutors conducting technical demonstrations, and assist in presenting lectures with US or Polish faculty members (all instruction is delivered in English; no Polish speaking proficiency is required).
- Academic ProgramStudents will receive 3 credit hours in CGT-I 496 Career Enrichment Internship (IV), or may use the credit as a Technical or Free Elective.
- Additional InformationFor more information, please contact Dr. Mark Bannatyne firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HousingStudents will live in university dorms.
- Program Eligibility
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college
- Proficiency in one or more areas of CG: Web Design, 3D Modeling, Raster Imaging, Vector Imaging, or Animation
- Student must have completed sophomore year of degree course work, or have exceptional work experience in computer graphics
- Candidates must submit a formal resume and participate in a selection interview
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA
Students must be able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and self-reliance.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are ineligible.
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Airfare: $1,200
- Accommodations: $1,200
- Food/Meals: $750
- Transportation in Poland: $125
- Books/Supplies: $75
- Required Laptop: $800
- Personal Costs: $200
- International Study Fee: $82
- Passport: $140
- Insurance: $30
Total estimated cost: $4,602 + standard tuition and fees
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
Please see our financial aid page for general information and links to additional scholarship opportunities.