A short description of the program will go here.
France: International Business in Europe
This application has closed.
Summer: Jun 1-30, Jun 14 - Jul 12
- Program Dates
This program offers two sessions during Summer 2017:
- Session 1: June 1-30, 2017
- Session 2: June 14 - July 12, 2017
Students select the session they prefer to study abroad. The preferred session is taken into consideration but cannot be guaranteed. Students with availability for both sessions will be given priority.
Please note that students participating in this program are not able to take on-campus summer courses at IUPUI due to the conflict between both summer terms and the program dates. Likewise, taking an online summer course while doing this program is not recommended due to the program workload.
- Academic Program
Students will enroll in two courses at the EM Strasbourg – European Integration and Business in Europe. These courses will be taught in English by faculty at the Ecole de Management (EM) Strasbourg – University of Strasbourg.
Additionally, students are required to take a non-credit course in basic French language and culture (no previous study of French required).
The primary goal of this course is to provide students with a strong foundation of the European idea and the history of the European movement leading to the European Union of today. We will examine the different treaties shaping the Union and the underlying ideologies and political goals of the member states, and eventually discuss the draft constitution and the Lisbon Treaty. The second goal of this course is to enable the student to understand the institutional set up of the European Union and its decision-making procedures and dynamics. In the second part we will analyze the different policies,
especially the Single Market, the Common Agricultural Policy and examples of policies which are in the second and third pillar of the Maastricht Treaty. This course will transfer to IU as BUS-D 355 (3 cr.) - Special Topics in International Business.
Business in Europe - This course will be taught by an instructional team from EM Strasbourg, covering managing arts organizations, competing in the global marketplace, marketing in Europe, and managing the cultural differences in the European context. This course will transfer to IUPUI as BUS D301 (3 cr.) – International Business Environment.
This program will satisfy the Kelley School of Business international dimension requirement. Students may also be interested in continuing their international studies through the Kelley International Studies co-major.
- Additional Information
- HousingStudents will be housed in one of two university apartment facilities close to campus. The apartments are fully furnished and are accessible to public transportation, shopping, and restaurants.
- Program Eligibility
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- Must be admitted to Kelley School of Business at IUPUI at time of application
- Must have completed and passed: ECON E201 MICROECONOMICS and ECON E202 MACROECONOMICS
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with IUPUI
- Junior or Senior standing (60 or more credit hours)
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Students must be able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and self-reliance.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are ineligible.
- Costs and Financial Aid
The budget is an estimate and is not meant to portray the exact cost of this program.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
Please see our financial aid page for general information and links to additional scholarship opportunities.