- Tropical Ecology + Conservation program*
- 17 IU credit hours for 5 required courses for CIEE students only
- Spanish Language (3 credits)
- Courses (in English):
- Tropical Diversity (BIOL-OS 300, 4 cr)**
- Tropical Community Ecology (BIOL-L 433, 4 cr)
- Humans in the Tropics (GEOG-OS 200, 2 cr)**
- Independent Study in Biology/Ecology (BIOL-X 490, 4 cr)
- Extensive educational excursions, including work retreat
Please note: Monteverde is co-sponsored as a single-site option only and may not be included as a site in the Open Campus multi-site model. IU supports its students on single-site, semester co-sponsored programs through standard billing and academic arrangements between IU and the program provider. Consequently, the CIEE Open Campus multi-site academic and billing model can only be accommodated through Non-IU Program procedures. For more information, see: https://overseas.iu.edu/programs/non-iu/index.html.
**Note: -OS 2/300 is the default designation to identify courses recorded as 2/300-level undistributed credit that can count in total hours toward graduation and may be able to satisfy major, minor, or distributional requirements with the approval of participant's school.
Course Equivalencies: Please see the
course equivalency list for program enrollment requirements and a list of IU course equivalencies that students have received in the past.
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors CIEE program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all CIEE tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.