- IES "Health Studies" summer program*
- IES Abroad clinical observation internship in areas such as health services administration, adolescent and sexual concerns, nutrition and health, multidisciplinary approach to addictions, mothers and children's health care and urgent care
- Required Spanish language course for medical practitioners
- Program requires enrollment in Spanish language course for medical practitioners and the clinical observation internship.
- 7 IU credits
- Spanish for Health Practitioners (4 cr: HISP-OS 300**)
- Health Studies Seminar: Clinical Observation (3 cr: FRST-F 400)
**DEPT-OS 100 (-OS 300) is the default designation to identify courses recorded as 100-level (300-level) undistributed credit that can count in total hours toward graduation. In order for credit to be applicable toward Spanish major/minor requirements, all coursework must be completed in Spanish and the focus should be predominately on Spanish language content; please consult with Department of Spanish & Portuguese regarding your own requirements.
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors IES Abroad program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all IES Abroad tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.