Seville is the political and cultural capital of the Andalucía province in southern Spain. This co-sponsored summer internship program offers participants the opportunity to work in a variety of industries within Seville. Students take a Business Spanish course and earn credit by completing an internship seminar at the CIEE center alongside other U.S.-based students.
KSB Summer Global Internship Language Immersion
This application has closed.
Summer 2019: 5/20 - 7/13
- Program Organization
- This is an IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Summer Internship Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Typical enrollment: 25 students from U.S. colleges and universities
- Academic Program
- "Summer Internship" program* track
- Required Business Spanish course
- Unpaid, 3-credit internship with academic seminar
- Minimum 12 hours/week and 100 hours/summer
- Satisfies International Dimension Requirement
- Visit businesses in Morocco to learn a comparative business perspective
- Excursions to cultural sites such as Grenada, Huelva, Cordoba, and Italica
This program is restricted to students of Business.
- 6 IU credits applicable to Business degree
- 3 credits in Advanced Spanish Grammar,Composition and Conversation (HISP-S 308)
- 3 credits in business internship (BUS-X 480)
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors CIEE program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all CIEE tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- Additional Information
- Spanish Homes
- Program Eligibility
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- are in at least your second full-time semester of college
- are admitted to the Kelley School of Business
- have taken or are enrolled in fifth semester college-level Spanish with a B average
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are ineligible.
- Costs and Financial Aid
- IU portion of fee: $228.00
- CIEE portion of fee*paid to IU bursar: $5,557.50 (academic fees, housing and all meals, field trips, insurance and orientation)
- International Airfare: CIEE estimates $1,200 for East Coast departures
- See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
*Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Based on published CIEE materials. Indiana University cannot guarantee the prices charged by CIEE and is not responsible for any price increase or change. Program qualifies for need-based CIEE Overseas Study Program Specific Scholarships. Applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of program application.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due February 4, 2019.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
Please see our financial aid page for general information and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
- Program Contacts
Study Abroad Advisor
Provides detailed guidance and answers questions about specific programs or coursework available.
Kelley International Programs Office
Student Services Coordinator
Helps students navigate the application process and coordinates with cosponsoring organizations.